8.11.2009

Ignore your head and follow your heart

I let the last chord ring out in my bedroom as I sung the final notes of my original song. I smiled. It actually sounded good. Something that you would hear on the radio. Finally, we are getting somewhere, I thought.

Then my mind flashed to the email from my basketball coach saying we had a game tonight at 7:30. Or the horse back riding lesson tomorrow. And then I looked back down at my guitar. For the first time, I wanted nothing more than to want to sing and play my songs to let people hear them. I wanted to hear people clap and cheer for me when I was down.

I wanted to play music. I wanted it to be my whole life. And I can feel it that it is supposed to be like this. I am not going to become a famous basketball player or an all star at horse back riding. I can just picture myself on stage, at my own sold out concert in a few years.

Suddenly, I felt my mind say, No, that's never going to happen. Never, you will never become famous. I felt my heart drop to my toes as I set down my guitar. But then I felt a leap in my heart. My heart was saying Don't Give up.

I turned back around and picked up my guitar. I was done listening to my head, that little voice inside my head saying that I was never going to achieve my dreams. Well guess what as I'm playing my guitar, I'm ignoring my head and following my heart.


xoxo Just Another Girl

No comments: