1.17.2009

Who is that girl?

I am just experimenting with different types of writing. I tried to rhyme in here but I suck at rhyming, I just wrote whatever. This is not based on anything or anyone, including myself. I just felt like writing and I am in one of those moods when I have to get something out of my system but don't know what to write. So, I just let it flow. I'm not upset or anything just want to write something. So here it is:)
I stare back at that girl in the mirror
Wondering how I got like this and why
I put on my fake smile
And wonder how I can even believe all the lies
And It will probably be a while before anybody finds out the truth
The truth, that's what I want to to hear again
In my world, everything was honest back then
When I used to be who I wanted to be
Who I knew, and who I was
But I am not that girl that I see
No, I am not
I am a girl who tied herself up in a knot
Protecting anything and everything inside
Pushing everything behind the shadows, trying to hide
Behind her beautiful smile and fake crystal eyes
Nobody knew how hard she tried
And how hard she fell
Nobody knew how hard she tried to to yell
And how hard it was to accept that she would never be the best
Always be at the bottom, never the top
Nobody would know her story that she wished she could tell
Nobody would answer that one question that was running through her head
As she touched the cold hard mirror in front of her
Running her hands over her reflection
Her nose, her eyes, her hair, her smile
The girl she wanted to be on in the inside
Who she was on the outside
Who she was the total opposite on the inside
Nobody would answer her when asked
Who's that girl?
--JustAnotherGirl

No comments: