1.11.2009

All Grown Up

Ever since my 'best' friend dumped me for 'cooler' friends, my whole life was thrown upside down.
People who never had a problem with me before hate me now, People who I used to casually hang out with stopped answering their phone and texts and emails.
My heart was broken into a million pieces, a feeling I will never forget or want to feel again. Betrayed. Used. Fake.
But somehow I managed to put the pieces back together like a puzzle, until I could see the full picture again.
Despite the pain and nights of crying myself to sleep I suffered, I think it was for the best. Now I know who my real friends are. And who aren't. Never really were.
When she tried to talk to me again I thought maybe all of those months of fitting the puzzle back together would shatter. But it didn't. I didn't feel sad. No heartache. No need. No want. No jealousy.
But I have to admit. I do miss the idea of having a friend. Someone who you can call late at night. Tell all your darkest secrets to and not be judged. Have a shoulder to cry on.
That's what I miss. Not her. Not what she put me through. Her mood swings and excuses. Her weird clothing and language. Changing into a person I couldn't even call my friend.
I miss when we were younger and if we played jump rope or hide and seek on the playground, we were instantly best friends. But I guess as you grow up you have to learn.
Learn who to trust. And who not to trust. How to mend a broken heart back together. A let go of the past. It's all a part of growing up.

--JustAnotherGirl
P.S. For school we are realistic fiction stories. And our teacher is making us write about real problems (realistic duh) that we have or had. And then we are going to make it into fiction. So, I am going to post it when we were finished with it. And i hope you liked this. It was for homework so I decided what the heck, I'm posting it :)

No comments: