1.28.2009

In your dreams

His voice replayed and replayed in my head. His voice so soft, down to a quiet whisper. Going through my mind like rapid wind. Saying all the things he promised yet failed to do. Pretending like he never knew what he said and what he lied about. Pretending to care about my heart when all he really planned to do was play with it and break it. Walking away from all the little pieces. I tried to not fall for him but I did, hard. He promised to catch me when I fell into his arms, he let me fall.
"We should just be friends, I think it's best," He whispered not looking at me.
"Whatever happened to forever?" I asked tears rolling down my cheeks.
in my mind I could still hear him whisper, gently tickling my ear with his breath, "I love you...forever."
"It was just a fling."
It was so much more than that.
"Listen I'm sorry but we both knew that it was going nowhere."
It was going everywhere and anywhere we wanted it to go. You just decided to stop it.
"I love you..."
Then why are you doing this? Why are you leaving me? Why are you saying goodbye?
"But I'm not IN love with you anymore."
Is there a difference?
"I hope we can still talk. I love you, Emma, forever and always."
In you dreams.

--Just Another Girl

No comments: