2.17.2009

Love Is...

The bell rang, announcing that 4th period was over and lunch was in a few a minutes. I ran to my locker but did my combination at least 5 times. I could never do it on the first try because that's how evil my lock is to me. I finally opened it after several minutes of trying and a piece of folded up crumbled line paper floated to the ground. 
I let my books drop to the ground not caring if it scares my locker neighbor. I carefully unfolded it and smoothed it out, it was hard to see the smeared pen. With doodles and drawings on the side. It said:
Ella,
Just wanted you to know I am thinking about during class :) 
-Ryan

I smiled and delicatley put the note into my binder, hoping that it wouldn't fall out and never see it again. Those little things count the most.
I felt myself falling more and more. And usually, I would have broken up with a boy like Ryan by now for the fear of getting hurt but the thing about love is, if you do it right you never hit the ground. And I don't plan on the hitting the ground. Well...if it doesn't hurt too much. Because I am happy.
Wow....I am becoming one of those brainwashed girlfriends right? Ha, maybe. But love is just that. Sure, Ryan could break up with me right now and break my heart. Or he could say he loves and make me fall in love all over again. 
I am a perfect example. Love is giving someone the ability to hurt you but trusting them not to.

--Just Another Girl
I got the idea from a cute quote I was reading lol random

No comments: