1.04.2009

Front Row (A fan made story about Jonas Brothers)

It was finally the night. The night I have been waiting for since April 6th. The feeling that will finally be unleashed since I held the tickets in my hands. Finally, the the night is here that my dreams will become reality. Finally, I am going to a Jonas Brothers concert.
I put on my gray bulkhead gray skinny jeans, black converse, a blue tank top and a gray vest. As I raced into my bathroom, I quickly grabbed some Strawberry lip gloss and brushed it lightly over my lips. I glanced in the mirror and froze, is that me? I look so different. No like the Roxy I remember.
"Rox! Come on we have to pack up the posters and stuff and it's at least a 20 minute ride. With the traffic and all maybe half an hour!" My mom yelled from the kitchen.
"Coming!" I replied running out of my room, quickly turning off the light before the door closed.
----------------------
"Ready?" My brother, Joe, said as the start time of the show was minutes away.
"Of course," I replied and I could already hear the crowd of girls screaming. But I was not okay, something was going to happen at this show and I hope I like it.
Nick, five minutes, let's get ready," Kevin, my older brother, told me.
"Coming!" I replied racing out of my dressing room, turning off the lights just before the door closed.
---------------------
The noise in the arena was overwhelming, but I wouldn't be any place else. I thought as I sat in my front row seat. My friends Jackie and Caroline were dancing to the songs they were playing as the show time was approaching.
"Five minutes until the show! Get ready!" Jackie shouted as jumped around lifting his arms up in the air.
I pulled out my iphone 3g and the screen flashed 7:55. "Who said I wasn't ready?" I exclaimed putting my iphone in my back pocket and got up and started dancing. Trying to overcome a weird feeling that was creeping up on me.
----------------------
I took my place on the right of Joe on the platform that will rise up and take us to the front of the stage. I wiped my sweaty hands on my pants and pushed some of my curly hair out of my eyes. Trying to overcome the weird feeling. 
Our song, That's just the way we roll, we started playing. The platform started moving and soon we saw what we waited for every day. A sold out arena full of fans and all you can see is flashing lights of cameras. Each girl capturing the same moment.
The platform landed and I took my spot on the left stage, to the fans point of view, or right of Joe, and strummed my guitar. I started singing the chorus and looked out into the crowd.
I was scanning faces, like I do in every concert, seeing what the fans look like. Usually, they all look the same. Just different hair and different stories. But all here for the same reason. I stopped scanning because I saw electric blue eyes out of the corner of my eye. I loked at the girl and that weird feeling became stronger.
---------------------
I was jumping up and down with my friends. Signing along to Nick Jonas as he sung the chorus. That's when our eyes met. 
I stopped jumping and screaming. My heart seemed to be beating so fast. The world seemed to stop. Time seemed to slow down. And the weird feeling became stronger. I shook my head and tore my eyes away from him. The feeling went away.
I started jumping again and singing along. But I didn't look at Nick Jonas again. That feeling scared me. Scared me because I liked it so much.
--------------------
We went backstage for a moment to change wardrobe for our next song Burnin' Up. I picked up my towel and wiped my face with it.
"Did you see that girl in the front row? Prettiest eyes I have ever seen," Joe stated.
"Yeah, she does," I smiled remembering her face, eyes and hair. She was different in so many ways. And the feeling came back. 
"And the rest of her isn't bad at all," Joe said with a wink.
"Kevin chuckled and replied with a smile, "Have to agree with that."
It was time to go back on but I didn't want to look at that girl again. The feeling was too overwhelming, making me scared. And I think I feel scared is because...I like it.
--------------------
"OH MY GOD! That's their tour bus!" Jackie exclaimed. WE stayed after the concert and went outside to see their tour bus.
"Wow, let's go," I said. It's not like we were actually going to see them.
"Why do you want to go? We all know Nick Jonas was eyeing you the whole night!" Caroline exclaimed.
"Yeah right, come on we might get in trouble, you guys!" I told them.
"Oh, let's just ask if we can seem them," Jackie replied as she saw a sectruity guard walk past us.
"Um exscuse me?" Jackie called.
He turned around and walked over to us, "Girls, I'm sorry but you're not allowed to be back here."
"Oh, please. We really wanted their signatures. Just a really quick thing. 1 minute tops!" Jackie pleaded.
"Can I see your tickets please?" He asked with a sigh. He must go through the same thing at least 10 times at every show.
"Here, Carrie, Rox, give me yours," we handed our tickets to Jackie.
After he checked them over he said, "Follow me."
We all squealed with delight. We are going to meet the Jonas Brothers.
-------------------
There was a knock at our dressing room door.
"Come in!" Joe shouted.
"Big Rob poked his head in. "Do you guys want to see some fans?"
"Sure, we'll com out there," Kevin offered.
"Okay, and don't worry they are just three girls. Don't seem to be too obsessed," He said with a wink closing the door.
"Let's go," I laughed as I rolled my eyes following Kevin and Joe out of our dressing room door.
We made our way through backstage. Until we came to the exit where we go to our tour bus. And that is where we saw Big Rob talking to three girls. One girl had pretty straight dirty blond hair, short. Another girl had beautiful long bouncy blond hair, tall. The last girl had shiny pretty dark brown curly hair and was tall also. But the one I was really watching was the blond girl. That feelings came over me again. But she didn't have those eyes...
"Oh, here they are!" Big Rob exclaimed turning around at the sound of our arrival.
They all turned around. I didn't care about the other girls. Because the blond girl had those electric blue eyes, that I was afraid to look at since a few minutes into the show. That feeling made me stop dead in my tracks. And it seemed to make her too.
----------------
"I'm Jackie, this is my friends Caroline and Roxy," Jackie told them.
"Well, you know who we are," Kevin smiled. "Did you guys like the show?"
"It was great, front row was the best, you guys sounded great," Caroline commented.
"Thanks, we try!" Joe exclaimed.
I remained silent until I heard Nick clear his throat and ask, no one in particular, "So, where are you guys from?"
"Momuth Country," I answered quickly.
"Cool," Nick said trying to meet my eyes but I kept my eyes trained on my black converse and the bottom of my jeans.
"We just wanted to meet you guys because we recently just started a band and after tonight, I think we can all say, we really want to be a band," Jackie told them.
"Oh, cool. What do you guys do in your band?" Kevin asked interested.
"Roxy sings and plays lead guitar, she can play a little piano and she rocks at the drums," Jackie said smiling at me. I caught her smile and smiled back. "I play piano and back up sometimes, gets solos, depends. Caroline plays bass, guitar, and sings."
"Wow, Roxy, you do the almost exact same thing as Nick," Joe commented.
"How about that?" I said smiling.
"So, how did you guys exactly get back here?" Nick asked smiling but he seemed to be saving that smile only for me.
"We have our ways," I replied smirking.
"We bet you do," Joe chuckled.
------------------
So, that was the day I met the girl with electric blue eyes and golden blond hair. Who came to my concert and seemed to be special. We are still friends. We keep in touch. 
But touring gets a little crazy, so we talk as much as we can. Even though, she's busy with her life and can only afford long phone calls and quick visits, every time I take my place on stage I look for those electric blue eyes in the front row. But always can't find them because they only belong to Roxy. Who sat in the front row.

--JustAnotherGirl

No comments: